Sunday, April 29, 2007

Got Milk? Part Two

~Continued~

With both versions of cookies, let them sit on the cookie sheets for roughly 5 minutes to cool a bit and avoid falling apart when removing them from the cookie sheet onto the cookie racks.
The Kisses will get warm from the heat of the cookies and cookie sheets and will soften. Don't bump them until after they've cooled, which will take a couple of hours. If they are shinny, they're melted.
Cool cookies on cookie racks before you pack them away in airtight containers.
Need to use your cookie sheets faster than they're cooling off? Pop them into the freezer for 5 minutes. Do not put raw cookie dough on hot cookie sheets, it will change it's temperature and not bake evenly.
Almost finished!
Don't forget to wash the dishes! With a new dishcloth to use, or two, of course...after all, this is a knitting blog...

And the final step...is the milk! and if you sat near my Dad at the dinner table, this is what would happen to your milk!
ENJOY! (and don't forget to turn off your oven! And put away your dishes!!!)


Peanut Butter Cookies/ Peanut Blossoms
Pat, 5/22/58, Mom 10/5/76, Cathy 4/28/07




Preheat oven to 325*F.
Mix together:
1 C Crisco
1 C Sugar
1 C Brown Sugar
1 C Peanut Butter
½ tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 eggs
Mix and sift together:
2 C flour
1 tsp baking soda
Add to creamy mixture
Drop teaspoon size on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes at 325*F. Be careful to NOT over bake!
(Add Hershey’s Kisses to the cookies straight out of the oven, while still on the cookie sheet.)
Let cookies sit on cookie sheets for ~5 minutes to cool before transferring them to cookie racks to finish cooling. Kisses will take a few hours to cool off and retain their original shape.
~ 4 dozen cookies

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from the next CA knit blog over.

Just wanted to say, I LOVE peanut blossems. They're my favorite cookies ever. In fact, any weight I can at the holidays can be specifically assigned to those cookies.

Lauren

Anonymous said...

Hello from Denise in Florida:
I am a blog reader, yours in particular is my favorite. I love all the things you knit. These cookies look so yummy!!
I am a semi beginner knitter. Can you give me any tips on weaving in the ends. I am going to try the baby rainbow afghan. And I am concerned about winding in the ends. I hate when they unwind. Any tips?