Friday, January 16, 2009

Hearts on your Coffee Sleeves



Hearts on your Coffee Sleeves
© Cathy Waldie, January 1, 2009


left over amounts of wool yarn
(US) 6 (4.0mm) , (US) 8 (5.0mm), (US) 9 (5.5mm) double point needles
Chibi needle
Gauge: 18 sts/28 rows in 4" stockinette stitch

C/O = Cast On

K = knit
P = purl
Tbl = through the back loop
B/O = Bind Off
2 x 2 Twisted Rib = Row 1: K2 tbl, P2 around, Row 2: K2, P2 around, repeat Rounds 1 and 2
* * repeat directions between *’s

Bottom Ribbing:
Using (US) 6 (4.0mm) needles and
Color A: C/O 36 stitches and join, being careful not to twist.
Knit 5 rounds in 2 x 2 Twisted Rib.

Middle Body:
Using (US) 8 (5.0mm) needles and
Round 1: Color A: Knit around
Round 2: Color A: K4, Color B: K1, *A: K6, B: K1* 4 times, A: K2
Round 3: A: K3, B: K3, *A: K4, B: K3* 4 times, A: K1
Round 4: A: K2, B: K5, *A: K2, B: K5* 4 times
Round 5: A: K2, B: K5, *A: K2, B: K5* 4 times
Round 6: A: K3, B: K1, A: K1, B: K1, *A: K4, B: K1, A: K1, B: K1* 4 times, A: K1
Round 7: A: knit around

Top Ribbing:
Using (US) 9 (5.5mm) needles and
Color A: knit 5 rounds in 2 x 2 Twisted Rib.
B/O in pattern.

Cut yarns and weave in ends.
Place around take out coffee cups to help protect fingers and hands from heat.

4 comments:

LDSVenus said...

Wow girl you have been very busy!! A huge thank you for the patterns, they should be fun to knit up, I will be using them for my hot chocolate because it's just been plain old COLD here :P.

GaboRousseau said...

I just stumbled on your blog after poking around on Ravelry and you are a knitting machine! These coffee sleeves are the perfect projects for me, I'm very new to knitting. Anyway I'm in love with your blog :)

Anonymous said...

I am having issues with this pattern. I am doing it in the round vs. double point needles, since I don't have a bunch of DPN's. Where I am running into an issue is in:

Round 2: Color A: K4, Color B: K1, *A: K6, B: K1* 4 times, A: K2

I am left, at the end, with knitting color A 3x's vs the instructed "A: K2."

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

--Stacy

Tammy said...

There is something wrong with this pattern. None of the stitches match up always off by stitches. Please help fixing need. I'm having the same problem with this as sStacy mentions.