Friday, May 18, 2007

What do you get when...

What do you get when you add this:
plus this:??????
Well, if you went to one of my local yarn shops this week...they would weight it (it came to 70#'s!!!!!!!!!!!!) and gave you a gift certificate for $1 per 1# of yarn donated to Stitches from the Heart, and then I ended up with and a happy heart!
Donating yarn for the seniors who knit with this charity cleaned out a 'part' of my garage, made my daughter happy, and gave me a chance to finally get two books from my wish list and now a chance to try the new addi lace needles.
I'm making myself finish up my current baby blanket before I cast on with the new needles.
This, my knitting friends, is not an easy task.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

What a great idea! It's a win/win/win for everyone.

cindybmw2004 said...

I love addi's, but also found some called Hiya-Hiya that I love also (and ummm....half the price!). The Hiya's have a smooth transition like the addis (which is important when making socks-LOL). Donating yarn? Hmm....I may have to check into that! Not that I have a large stash (well except sock yarn and dishcloth yarn) but I do have some yarn that I have no use for, my daughter picked it up for me as a surprise and umm....it's not something I would knit with. Way to go on getting something off your wish list.