Saturday, September 15, 2007

2nd Heart blanket and Take a Guess!

OK, I have the blanket back for a quickie photo shoot...and I didn't fall asleep through it! (Let me tell you, that's a milestone apparently for me.)

Here's the particulars..

The pattern is the Heart Blanket from Leisure Arts #3208; Knit Layettes for Little Darlings, Pages 18 and 19. Hobby Lobby Sweet Delight Baby yarn in Sugarplum, 5 or 6 skeins (used double stranded, you can get by on 5 skeins if you split the last one, I used 6 and had lots left over.) (US) 10 (6.0mm) addi turbo circulars. I cast on only 137 stitches, rather than the pattern amount. This time, I changed the pattern again, to 10 rows of seed stitch for the top and bottom borders and for each 'stripe' between the heart squares. This time, rather than 7 rows of hearts, it brought it down to 6 with the same 5 columns of hearts across the blanket. It measures a square 44". Now, to get it in the mail!

I got two more dishcloths finished last night, one KBB dishcloth and a Bridal Shower Lace cloth out of the burgundy yarn to go along with the KBB Kitchen Hanging Hand towel. I'm still searching for a button for the towel. I have in mind a gold flower type, but haven't located one yet.


and check it out...I still have this much from one of the skeins! I haven't tapped into the other one yet! Amazing what you can get out of a pound of cotton!

Now, can you guess where I'm heading this afternoon? Pictures, if I'm lucky..when I get home.

No comments: